- 2018/07/23-27: 6th deal.II users and developers workshop
- The 6th deal.II users and developers workshop happens in Trieste, Italy, July 23-27, 2018. For more information, see here and here.
- 2018/05/11: Version 9.0.0 released
- deal.II version 9.0.0 was released today. A full list of changes can be found here and a long description of changes is in the manuscript here. Download links are on the download page, or the release page on github.
- 2017/06/17: deal.II is now part of the SPEC CPU 2017 benchmark
A program based on the deal.II library is
part of the new industry
standard SPEC CPU 2017
benchmark testsuite that is used to determine the speed of
computers. It is part of the floating point testsuite as
The inclusion of our software into an industry standard benchmark testsuite will lead to better support of compilers and machines for the kind of program we write, in particular for unstructured hierarchical mesh computations. This will in turn help make our codes run faster on future systems.
- 2017/04/06: Version 8.5.0 released
- deal.II version 8.5.0 was released today. A full list of changes can be found here and a long description of changes is in the manuscript here. Download links are on the download page, or the release page on github.
The primary means of communicating with deal.II developers and users is by email:
The deal.II discussion group is used by developers to announce new features and by users to ask questions about how to do things with deal.II. This is also the forum to post bug reports.
The development of the library is done on the github.com deal.II project using Issues and Pull-Requests.
We appreciate comments and suggestions on deal.II. They can be addressed to either of the addresses above, depending on their public or private nature.
Legal Notice: Some countries' laws require us to post this legal notice.