- 2021/06/17: Version 9.3.0 released
- deal.II version 9.3.0 was released today. A full list of changes can be found here and a long description of changes is in the manuscript here. Download links are on the download page, or the release page on github.
- 2021/6/18: 9th deal.II users and developers workshop
- Given that we can't have in-person workshops this year, we will have a 1-day public day with talks discussing what's new in deal.II. For more information, see here.
- 2021/5/19: New tutorial programs
Over the past year, many new tutorial programs have
been merged -- a total of ten, more than for any
previous release of deal.II!
Specifically, these are the new programs: step-19 introduces particle methods, and step-68 uses these for tracking locations in a flow field. step-66 is a matrix-free geometric multigrid solver for a nonlinear problem. step-71 and step-72 illustrate automatic and symbolic differentiation. step-77 demonstrates deal.II's SUNDIALS interfaces to solve a nonlinear problem. step-74 shows the SIPG approach to discontinuous Galerkin methods. step-76 is an explicit integrator for the Euler equations. step-78 solves the Black-Scholes equations, and step-79 solves a topology optimization problem.
The primary means of communicating with deal.II developers and users is by email:
The deal.II discussion group is used by developers to announce new features and by users to ask questions about how to do things with deal.II. This is also the forum to post bug reports.
The development of the library is done on the github.com deal.II project using Issues and Pull-Requests.
We appreciate comments and suggestions on deal.II. They can be addressed to either of the addresses above, depending on their public or private nature.