- 2016/07/05: step-55 and step-56 discuss options for advanced Stokes solvers
- The new tutorial programs step-55 (contributed by Timo Heister) and step-56 (contributed by Ryan Grove) show how the existing Stokes solver in step-22 can be extended in parallel and using geometric multigrid, respectively. step-55 therefore fills a hole in demonstrating parallel computing at a complexity level between step-40 (the Laplace equation) and step-32 (the much more complex Boussinesq problem). step-56 extends the simple multigrid solver in step-16 to a vector-valued problem.
- 2016/04/14: Results of the deal.II user survey available
- Earlier this year, we asked our users for feedback about deal.II in a user survey. The results of this survey are now available in this summary of responses.
- 2016/03/15: Version 8.4.0 released
- deal.II version 8.4.0 was released today. A full list of changes can be found here. Download links are on the download page, or the release page on github.
- 2015/12/07: Deal.II Users and Developers Training Announcement is out!
- The deal.II Users and Developers training will be held in Trieste (Italy) from the 21st to the 24th of March 2016. More information on the workshop webpage.
- 2015/09/01: Users and Developers Workshop 2015 slides are posted
- The slides of talks at the Fifth Users and Developers Workshop are now available at here.
The primary means of communicating with deal.II developers and users is by email:
The deal.II discussion group is used by developers to announce new features and by users to ask questions about how to do things with deal.II. This is also the forum to post bug reports. It may not be used for job offers and to ask for internships!.
We appreciate comments and suggestions on deal.II. They can be addressed to either of the addresses above, depending on their public or private nature.
Legal Notice: Some countries' laws require us to post this legal notice. Please write to the responsible federal judges if you find this silly.