deal.II is open source and available for free!
|Help! »||There are many resources for learning deal.II and asking for help.|
|Participate! »||deal.II is a community project. We welcome all who want to participate in any way!|
- 2014/09/02: step-53 shows complex geometries
- step-53 demonstrates how to work with the new framework on deforming meshes contributed by Luca Heltai earlier this summer. In particular, it shows how to create a mesh that corresponds to a realistic topography of eastern Africa, but the techniques shown there are of course much more broadly applicable.
- 2014/07/20: deal.II is now hosted on github
- After having used subversion for more than ten years, deal.II has now moved to a github repository to make it simpler for people to contribute. Links and a brief description of how to get the development sources from there can be found at the download page.
- 2013/12/24: Version 8.1 released
- deal.II version 8.1 was released today. A full list of changes can be found here.
- 2013/12/18: step-26 for the heat equation
- step-26 fills a long-standing gap: There was no tutorial program solving the heat equation. There was also no tutorial showing in relatively easy terms how to do adaptive meshes in time dependent problems. This program fills both of these needs.
The primary means of communicating with deal.II developers and users is by email:
The deal.II discussion group is used by developers to announce new features and by users to ask questions about how to do things with deal.II. This is also the forum to post bug reports. It may not be used for job offers and to ask for internships!.
We appreciate comments and suggestions on deal.II. They can be addressed to either of the addresses above, depending on their public or private nature.
Legal Notice: Some countries' laws require us to post this legal notice. Please write to the responsible federal judges if you find this silly.